September 2, 2010

Matt's Monthly Memories - 6 months pregnant

Well let’s see here…where to start this month.  Since last time, we found out we are going to have a little princess to add to the King family.  I had a feeling it was going to be a girl and I was right!  I am excited to be having a girl but have no explanation for this.  It seems that most fathers want a son to be the star athlete and all that jazz, but I am looking forward to spoiling our little daughter.  You can spoil boys but I don’t think they care as much as girls do when it comes to spoiling them.  Some people may fear the day that their little girl goes on her first date, or buying the prom dresses and eventually the possible wedding day, but I truly look forward to those days.  I think that making my little girl happy will make me even happier.
 
Along with all of this, I know Bailey is very excited to have a little girl to dress up with bows and ribbons and pink dresses.  I can’t wait to see Bailey as a mother to our daughter, although I am scared for the future to come home from work and they both say to me….”look what we bought today” with bags and bags of clothing/shoes/purses lying around the entire house.  Fortunately (at least I think) that will be a while before that happens.  Now we just have to wait (kegel) until our little princess (kegel) is born in a few (kegel) short months for all of this (kegel) to come to fruition.
 
How far along?
We are in our 24th week….start week 25 on Sunday!!

Total weight gain/loss:
Staying consistent

Sleep: I have no problems sleeping at night.  This pregnancy hasn’t affected that at all!!

Food cravings:
It seems like I crave everything Bailey says sounds disgusting.

Best moment this week:
Hearing her little heart beating 150 bpm on Tuesday afternoon!

Movement:
I have felt her move, but sometimes when I try really hard I start feeling my own pulse in my hand which feels rather similar at this point.

Gender: I am a guy, our baby is a girl

Labor Signs:
I friggin work every day and some weekends, but I love my job so it’s not that bad

Belly Button in or out? In.

What I miss: Well…..

What I am looking forward to:
Spoiling this little girl!  Oh and college football starts this weekend.  I can't wait to buy little jerseys for her (even though they will be pink and probably match mommies!)

Weekly Wisdom: “Bailey….don’t forget to Kegel”

Milestones: Bailey started teaching again!! AND we have less than four months until our daughter is here!!
 
Have a great month everyone!!

No comments: