April 16, 2010

Soooo tired

This afternoon we are driving 4 hours to go visit my cousin, his wife, and their brand new baby, Hudson. We are taking newborn photographs tomorrow afternoon for them. I'm excited to see them, and be around a brand new baby. But... I'm exhausted right now, and can't wait to sleep every minute in the car tonight.

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not complaining, trust me. I promise to do everything in my power to NEVER complain on this blog about pregnancy symptoms, rather I'd just like to keep some sort of record on our blog of how I'm feeling.

Yesterday at work I could hardly keep my eyes open. During recess when the kids were outside I caught myself having "extra long blinks". =) I'm loving this new stage of pregnancy, where I actually feel like I'm having somewhat normal symptoms. I have also started having a major aversion to chicken. Matt made me a wonderful supper the other night, and just a few bites in I felt a gaggy sensation in my throat. The same feeling followed the next night with a different chicken recipe. I’ll gladly take it if it’s any indication that our baby is growing.

Another weird symptom that I’ve noticed since a few days before I even got a positive is a runny nose. I’ve gone through more Kleenexes in the last two week than I did all winter! It’s a symptom that I never knew was normal, but apparently I’m not the only one that has this issue.

Overall we continue to have joy over flowing from our souls. We think about Tiny (as Matt has affectionately named him/her- and is also the nickname that my family gave Matt when they met him a few years ago before he lost 65 lbs) all of the time. It’s amazing how something that is still so mystical is on our minds every day.

On a different note, only 14 days until we can finally breathe a big sigh of relief. I wish these days could go just a tiny bit faster. I absolutely can’t wait to see our baby’s heartbeat, what a life changing day it will be.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh, yes...the tiredness! I remember taking multiple naps some days.

I had a runny nose too but the weirdest thing was the bloody nose that I got a few days before I found out I was pregnant.

So interesting how our bodies adjust to pregnancy! Soak up every minute of it.

Anonymous said...

Take good care of those little babies this weekend and remember, the cats won't miss you because they like me better.

NaNa!

Kirsten Gardzelewski said...

I couldn't eat a bite of chicken either when I was pregnant with Asher. It took a while after I had him to be able to eat it again but now it's good to go again!:)

nikki said...

I'm so happy for you; reading this gave me goosey-bumps. I can't wait to hear the report from your Dr. :)