December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone!

I can't believe it's Christmas today... something about that just feels unbelievable. I'm not really sure why it doesn't feel like Christmas this year, but it sure doesn't. Although this has been a tough year for us, I think it's important to sit down and realize the reality of our lives.

We are so blessed, even with infertility, I know that we are blessed. Someday I will be staring into my baby's eyes, frustrated, tired, and discouraged and I will have this struggle to look back on and be thankful for those eyes that I am looking into, and I pray that my heart will melt knowing how darn hard we've prayed and wanted those eyes.

We have amazing families and friends. We are constantly surrounded by people that care so much for us, we are so thankful for that. On those rough days I know that there are countless people praying for us. As we head off to Iowa City on Monday in hopes of a good ultrasound (hoping that the cyst is gone, or at the minimum it's smaller) we know that we can find comfort in all of the people praying for us.

I have an amazing husband, one that I am thankful for everyday. He showers me with love, even in my unlovable moments. He gives me encouragement when I begin to doubt myself. He shows me love in the ways that the very depths of my soul need to be loved. I thank God each and every day for him, and I know that if this struggle continues on for longer than I'd like, I know that Matt will be by my side, and for that I am thankful for on this Christmas Day when I'm finding it so hard to be thankful for the things that I don't have.

So we hope you and yours have a very merry Christmas.... and

enjoy some of this

(Family)



and this

(kisses)


and this


(lots of food!)



and this today.

(rest)


Merry Christmas. Love, The Kings!

No comments: